Monday, December 6, 2010

American Goldfinch



 Thought it would be nice to see some birds during this long winter we are about to enter.
These are pictures I took this summer of the American Goldfinch that visited my feeders.
Male at my feeder.


I really enjoyed their sounds they make and watching them hanging upside down to get to the seeds.... A few sparrows watched and tried to do the same...some did ok but most found it very difficult.


 These female at the bag feeder,
Male feeding his baby.

They love the seeds from the Coneflowers.


 This one was eating the aphids of this vine.

Female on the Coneflowers.

I think he knew I was taking his picture.  A perfect pose.


The Goldfinch visit my feeders all year long.  It is such a joy to see the male turn yellow a sure sign of spring on it way.

No comments:

Post a Comment